Why is it challenging to build a customer base?
It’s challenging to build your customer base due to:
- A highly competitive, fast paced, rapidly changing, technology-based business environment
- No clear defined marketing and sales strategy
- Not enough targetted campaign planning and activity
- Insufficient measurement of what is working and what isn’t
- Procrastination around marketing and sales activity
- Ad-hoc marketing and sales activity in the hope something will pay off
- Limited or no marketing or sales experience
- Lack of confidence in marketing and selling
As a result, many business owners get stuck and don’t know how to get out of their “catch 22”; not being able to grow without more sales, and not being able to sell without more money to resource marketing and sales support, and not being able to sell enough themselves to break through this.
Or, at times of having a budget to invest in external suppliers to help with marketing and sales efforts, many find they end up wasting that money not getting the desired results. This can be due to an inability to direct this external resource effectively because of all of the reasons above. Also, the time it takes to build momentum is often longer than expected so there is an underestimation of the investment required and cash can then become an issue.
Either way, this can lead to a constant cycle of “feast and famine”, possibly putting the business and their security at risk and further knocking confidence.
How can we help?
The Building Your Customer Base suite of services are for the micro or small business owner that wants to focus purely on acquiring and retaining more customers, making more sales and increasing revenue. Two focus areas:
- Marketing and sales strategy and planning – to help create a campaign plan to achieve a growing number of sales consistently, as is required to support the growth of the business.
- Marketing and sales performance – to help improve the business owners mindset and skills to successfully deliver on their sales plan, to attract and engage new prospects and increase sales by delivering an effective sales process.
Both of which are delivered through the following coaching programmes, training events and consultancy.
1/2 day Workshop on 'How to drive your business to the next LEVEL'
This is a half day Masterclass designed to give clarity on how to break past current obstacles to growth and start to move towards the next level in your business. It is ideal for Business Owners with little experience of Engineering Business Growth and wanting to see what we are about before deciding whether to do something more significant, or if budget is tight and you are looking for a low priced way to consider how you are going to develop your business.
The masterclass is followed by an opportunity to hear more about the Engineering Business Growth Club having experienced what it’s like. However businesses will find this Masterclass enables them to get an idea of if and what support they need from us other than the Club option as it helps identify primary development areas, and can be followed by a discussion with one of the members of our team.
CLICK HERE to find out more.
Group coaching: strategy, performance and accountability programme
Individual business development coaching and consultancy services
‘Maximising Your Sales Performance‘ (Performance Coaching Programme) – CLICK HERE to find out more.
Marketing Strategy And Campaign Planning – Coaching Programme OR Consultancy Service – CLICK HERE to find out more.
Personal Performance, Time management and Business Development Coaching – CLICK HERE for more information.